Huwebes, Hunyo 2, 2011

X-Men: First Class


Me and Angel watched the premiere of the movie "X-Men: First Class" last Wednesday, June 1st, at the Cinema 1 of the Mall of Asia. I was pretty much excited of the upcoming movie because I've been an avid fans of superheroes since I was in grade school. During those days I had the opportunity to buy/sell comics and collector cards of Marvel superheroes. But with the experience I had with the previous X-Men films, I was pretty much disappointed with the cast they chose and also the kind of storyline and graphics the past X-Men movie had.

So this time around, I chose not to read about the characters of the upcoming movie and instead just seat back and enjoy the show. As I mentioned earlier, the movie house was already full when we came which only means two things. One, a lot of people came because the movie was really great. Two, the venue was just too small to accommodate the number of people. But not minding the seats that was provided for Me and Angel, we still sat through and enjoyed the movie.

The movie as the title suggests is going to show the audience how the X-Men originated. On how "normal people" found about the knowledge regarding "mutation" and how for some apparent reason some of the "mutants" (people with mutations) had a special ability. It starred two of the characters of story of X-Men,Magneto and Professor X. The movie showed the difference they both had in growing up, which eventually led to the decision they had to choose in the end.

It was a fairly enjoyable movie. Enjoyed it because it was a Marvel movie, but they could have done better. I mean, recruit a band of young mutants and come up with "Banshee"? There are a lot of X-Men superheroes who were much more noticeable than him and has more character, Storm, Cyclops, and the such to name a few? Also the line "Mutant and proud"? Is there really no other lines they could think of that would express the significance of the mutants who wanted to be accepted in the world? I mean, really now? Spidey's grampa was able to come up with "With great power, come great responsibility" line which was both very suitable for the moment and was also a line that would be remembered for a long time in the history of Marvel movies.

"Mutant and proud"... maybe they just wanted something short and simple? Anyway, it was just pretty lame for me. It felt like they were acting like most taglines today like "I'm Pinoy" and others. There really nothing wrong with the line, but how it was used for the movie really sucked big time for me.

Anyway, I was there to just enjoy the show and not think too much of the technical side. I'd rate the movie a 3/5 stars. Try to see it and check how you would feel whenever the line "Mutant and proud" was said. Maybe it would strike differently for you ^_^

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento